20 September – 6 October
only open Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Details will follow soon.
Opening on 5 September.
Jacobus Hendrik (Henk) Pierneef (usually referred to as Pierneef) (13 August 1886 Pretoria – 4 October 1957 Pretoria), was a South African landscape artist, generally considered to be one of the best of the old South African masters. His distinctive style is widely recognised and his work was greatly influenced by the South African landscape.
Most of his landscapes were of the South African highveld, which provided a lifelong source of inspiration for him. Pierneef’s style was to reduce and simplify the landscape to geometric structures, using flat planes, lines and colour to present the harmony and order in nature. This resulted in formalised, ordered and often-monumental view of the South African landscape, uninhabited and with dramatic light and colour.
Pierneef’s work can be seen worldwide in many private, corporate and public collections, including the Africana Museum, Durban Art Gallery, Johannesburg Art Gallery, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum, Pierneef Museum and the Pretoria Art Gallery.
Entrance to site: (valid from 1 March 2019) – Facilities are all wheel chair accessible
GPS Coordinates: -25.776372, 28.175985 (Only correct on Google)
- Busses: R 100
- Mini-busses: R60
- Heritage Levy: R15
- Researchers and library: R50 per person
- Friends of the Monument – free, passengers pay entrance fee
Annual (Friends of the Voortrekker Monument only) Click here to apply
- Adults: R 90
- SA Scholars (without guides): R 45
- SA Scholars (with guides): R 60 (See Educational Tours for Schools & Youth Organisations Click here)
- Families (parent/s with 3 own children under 18), vehicle included: Maximum R 180
Friends of the Monument – free
- Guide fee: R400
- Included in tariffs above unless otherwise stated at main entrance or in the Events Programme
Visiting Hours (Monday to Sunday)
- 1 May – 31 Aug: 08:00-17:00
- 1 Sep – 30 April: 08:00-18:00
- The Monument will be closed on 25 December. Bookings take place from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:00. Please book weekend tours in advance.
Outrides on Horseback: Click here
Educational Tours for Schools & Youth Organisations Click here
To book an educational tour contact Daniel Mokwena: tel:  326 6770 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Historical, architectural and Art tours contact Daniel Mokwena: 012 326 6770 or email@example.com
Horse rides: 082 828 6323
Birthday parties with traditional activities : contact Daniel Mokwena